In these days of post-Brexit doom and gloom, I wanted to share some positive news for finalists graduating from University this summer.Recently High Flyers, (the organisation which represents the UK’s top Top 100 recruiters), announced that around 75% of top graduate employers are still in the process of filling vacancies for 2016.
At Warwick’s Summer Careers Fair a couple of weeks ago, 42 of the 48 employers attending had graduate opportunities available now.
Whilst it is hard to be certain at this stage how the future graduate labour market will evolve, our message is that there are many good jobs currently available for graduates.
For Warwick current and recent graduates, see our Jobs board (the place recruiters actively seeking to attract Warwick applicants advertise) where we currently have over 900 graduate jobs listed. For other graduates- your University Careers service will have an equivalent service.
See also graduate recruiters’ websites.
For those graduates who are not interested in these kinds of jobs, see our earlier blog post on the hidden job market for hints and tips on how to source and secure jobs in other sectors, as the approaches to succeeding in these is different and requires you to be proactive in sourcing them.
How to ensure you are best placed to apply:
- Do your research into the organisation and role you’re applying for
- Ensure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and professionally presented
- Use our Careers web resources to help with both of these
- Access ongoing careers support available to you for life after you graduate from Warwick
- On graduation you will automatically be enrolled into your University’s alumni LinkedIn group and can search where former graduates are now working and network with those who may be working for organisations you may be interested in joining
Remember- it’s never too late to get started on your career planning.
Good luck to all graduating finalists out there!